You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Recreation’ tag.
Pokey 2 is a cute kitty that is very not very shy and always you are wondering what is he thinking. Oh by the way don’t’ sneak up on him. Pokey was drawn with General’s soft Carbon Pencil on Strathmore Bristol Vellum paper.
Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God. ~Christopher Hitchens
11 x 14 – Graphite on Paper
- The Myth Of Unity: How What Draws Us Together May Actually Be Driving Us Apart (ofdustandkings.com)
- “The world of t… (martinclemens.wordpress.com)
Hi all today we are to post anything we sold. Well I just sold 2 paintings yesterday, but only took a picture of one of them. Don’t forget to register for the drawing for a free portrait 2 people will be chosen from my mailing list for a portrait of containing 2 people, 1 person, 2 pets, or 1 pet, or 1 pet/1 person. Contest ends May 31.
Check out my other black and White Beauties at Cheri Homaee Fine Art
- Online Marketing Muscle Challenges Residential Cleaning Companies To Beat Economy By Finding Their Marketing Sweet Spot (prweb.com)
- Seattle/Santa Fe Portrait Artist Robbi Firestone Captures the Legendary “Spirit of Santa Fe” in her Groundbreaking Portrait Exhibition Featuring a Brave Range of Citizens (prweb.com)
- Saling: Wine writer to sell collection at auction (eadt.co.uk)
- Portrait of Weary Warfare (wordsrhymesandrhythm.wordpress.com)
- ‘Ask An Artist’- featuring fine artist Diana Probst (artipeeps.wordpress.com)
- 30 Marketing Ideas in 30 days – Day Two (cinnamonpink.typepad.com)
- Portraits of Extraordinary People from Unusual Materials (oddstuffmagazine.com)
- 30 Marketing Ideas in 30 Days Challenge – Check it Out (cinnamonpink.typepad.com)
Working on a kitten for an event for a group based out of Akron called Paws and Prayers Animal Rescue. This needs a lot of work everything is off a bit but thought I would post it so you can see the progress. Check back in a couple of days to see the finished image
- Kittens left in box near bins in Aberdeen are rescued by member of public (dailyrecord.co.uk)
- Puppy love: orphaned Jack Russell and kitten inseperable (telegraph.co.uk)
- A Kitten in a Box (home.arlboston.org)
- Burned kitten on the mend (omaha.com)
- Tiny Kitten Rescued from Storm Drain (nbcmiami.com)
- Adorable Kittens Learn Physics [VIDEO] (socialitelife.com)
- Drop Everything And Watch This Live Kitten Cam! (buzzfeed.com)
- Whiskas turns Martin Place into ‘Kitten Place’ (mumbrella.com.au)
This is the first of my figure series. Dancing in the Hay is a girl that is dancing on top of a pile of hay. Learning to do figures abstractly to more realistic figures is my goal.
Work and pray, live on hay, you’ll get pie in the sky when you die. Joe Hill
Acrylic on Canvas
11 x 17
- The week in Europe: June 28, 2012 (3news.co.nz)
- Coming Attractions: iStandard Producer Showcase Texas Edition (6/27-28) (dayandadream.com)
- Sudoku – June 28, 2012 (thehindu.com)
- Why We Pray – June 27 (soontopass.wordpress.com)
- Cox and Cox 50% off Sale Starts 28th of June. (lovenellie.wordpress.com)
- This Week in Kingston: May 28-June 3 (queensevents.ca)
- Daily Deal Thursday June 28 (allaboutmemedispa.wordpress.com)
- BCU set to unveil redesigned Athletics website on Thursday, June 28th (hailwildcats.com)
- Australian Dollar Outlook – 06/28/2012 (ibtimes.com)
- Japan Plans to Import 20% of LNG from the US (inautonews.com)
This is pokey named after my son’s cat. I love cats and dogs but not raccoons, just got rid of one that was living in our attic and moved to the lover section of the house. So I painted this kitty for a DPW challenge and hope that it would bring me luck in capturing the varmint.
Everything I know I learned from my cat: When you’re hungry, eat. When you’re tired, nap in a sunbeam. When you go to the vet’s, pee on your owner. – Gary Smith
Bid on this at DPW
“There is a tiny yellow daffodil, The butterfly can see it from afar, Although one summer evening’s dew could fill Its little cup twice over, ere the star Had called the lazy shepherd to his fold, And be no prodigal.” Oscar Wilde
This was a learning experience of technique, to replicate the see thru petals on the right. This was painted with mars black and titanium white. Gallery Wrapped with painting continued on the sides.
Acrylic on Canvas
48 x 24
From a challenge Paint and Draw together. I love Kiwi but hate the fuzz. If you are coming from Paint and Draw together or Facebook I replaced this image with a better photo.
Kiwifruits are named after a bird, native of New Zealand,
- Zimbabwe face Kiwi in first ODI today (nation.com.pk)
- How the Kiwi lost his wings (huff863.wordpress.com)
- Kiwis ready to defend Sevens title (3news.co.nz)
- A Kiwi Christmas (allpoetsaremad.com)
- Kiwi Music: Ladi6 – Walk Right Up (viciousimagery.blogspot.com)
- Kiwis eyeing whitewash (nation.com.pk)
- Win A Trip To New Zealand For Four: The Great Kiwi Adventure and ZESPRI’s Kiwi A-Go-Go Bloggers’ Contest (prweb.com)
This image is from the Volvo Graveyard in Ohio. I love Volvos and I thought this would make a great image. This is done in oils and I am using White Titanium, French ultramarine, Yellow Ochre, Permanent Alizar in Crimson, and ivory black. I would say that I feel I am starting to get the hang of the oils especially the blending.
Back then the cars had a trap door that we could pull open with a chain to check our tire wear. ~Tim Flock
Oil on Canvas – 6 x 6 x 1.5
Training Wheels – found this picture of my son when he was younger. I think there are four phases you have to get use to when raising children, they learn to ride the bike; next driving the car; then they are off to college and then on with their lives. I don’t like thinking about it.
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature. ~Dave Berry
Acrylic on Hardboard
6 x 6
- The Kiss of The Legend of Zelda [Fan Art] (kotaku.com)
This is another piece that I did that involves reflections. Different silver piece and the same napkin, but I added a silver spoon.
6 x 6 x 1.5 in Acrylic on Canvas
By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
Ok tried to do a painterly picture but painted over it. This is my second attempt. I didn’t really stick to it here so ignore the color just trying to get the technique now. I am too much into the details, not as easy as it seems. Will try this again.
Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have. ~ Unknown