You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Titanium dioxide’ tag.
1. I start out just blocking in the whole shape of whatever I am painting using the middle tone but in this case just painted in some white to fill in the shape
3. Finally I start to soften all the tones and added a dew drop. Probably blend a bit more but for now this is it.
- time limited paintings (creativekismet.com)
- Value Paintings (erosiemarie.wordpress.com)
- Fishy Feet (abrushwithhumor.com)
- a tale of two canvases. (eliseblaha.typepad.com)
- Ultramarine Blue Artist Pigment (jtbmetaldesigns.wordpress.com)
- Painting in a Grey Area (ffotb.com)
- Titanium dioxide (creativebeautyhealth.com)
- Black and White Couture (whyiwearskirts.wordpress.com)
- Multispectral Image Analysis for Art. MultiSpec (chsopensource.com)
- Monochrome… (thisismarilu.wordpress.com)
This is a cute little boy I did a portrait of called curious I did this one to enter into the Women’s Art League 80th competition in April. I very much enjoyed doing this one.
Older people sit down and ask, ‘What is it?’ but the boy asks, ‘What can I do with it?’. Steve Jobs
A boy’s story is the best that is ever told. Charles Dickens
Reworked the hand on this young fellow.
- Report: Chinese Automaker Chery Has Hired a Former Porsche Designer (wot.motortrend.com)
- Chery @Ant Concept (evanshalshaw.com)
I worked on this to show my class some shading and drawing techniques had no intention to finish it but worked on it this morning. I used 2b and ebony pencil on this drawing.
Life is the art of drawing without an eraser. John W. Gardner
Cloth on Shelf – 11 x 14
I painted this for a show called Rites of Spring 2013 at the Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas, Texas during the month of April. I am so excited I got juried into the show. There were 250 entries and 47 juried in the show. Winners were Judy Crowe, Cheng Lian, and Suzie Baker
This is a painting of a girl picking flowers she seems very into her task.
Dutch Art Gallery
10233 East Northwest Highway Suite 420 Dallas, Texas 75238
Acrylic on Canvas – 20 x 24
4/06/13 11 am – 4 pm Artist Reception open to the public. Awards presented.
4/06-5/11/13 Exhibit open to the general public during gallery hours
Cold, Rainy, icy, and snowy day. Pick one. Thought i should post the underpainting of this before I start to add color. I think this might be the last small one I do for a while. I will move up to some larger sizes. The braids were a bit tricky still don’t like them but maybe if I go down a shade darker. Underpainting is using Mars Black and Titanium White. Ready to Glaze
9 x 12
This little boy I painted the other day. I think small children playing or doing what they do are the cutest. This is day 29 or the 30 day challenge. I didn’t quite make the 30 painting. This is done in acrylics I used Ultramarine Blue, Grumbacher Red, Cad Yellow Medium, Titanium White, Hooker’s green and Mars Black
“I think that the best thing we can do for our children is to allow them to do things for themselves, allow them to be strong, allow them to experience life on their own terms, allow them to take the subway…let them be better people, let them believe more in themselves.”
― C. JoyBell C
Acrylic on Canvas Panel – 9 x 12
- Tony gets a behind the scenes look at Cheri Denise Events (realmilwaukeenow.com)
- Be Creative – Abstract X13 Painting – Creative (jancwatford.me)
- Be Creative – Abstract X13 Painting – Creative (jancwatford.wordpress.com)
Acrylic on Canvas
12 x 24
- Many kittens, cats up for adoption at Saturday event (jsonline.com)
- Kittens Diary: Part 1 (roseofeurope.wordpress.com)
- Kittens: Their microbiomes are what they eat (sciencedaily.com)
I wouldn’t call this a finish piece of work but you get the idea of my steps. i have 2 commissions I am working on and don’t have time to finish but didn’t want to keep my readers hanging. I Think the only painting I need to finish is the wall not sure about the crack may change that to something else. Also trying to get use to my new computer. I have gone over to a Mac and really don’t know a thing about them. Also Got Photoshop CS6 a lot of things to learn.
Acrylic on Canvas
9 x 12
Ok ran home from out doing basically nothing to work on this painting for you. Still needs work but this is the next installment on the painting of Puddles 2. Adding some color but still need to blend. colors used: Titanium White, Mars Black, Grumbacher Red, Ultramarine Blue. Still not sure about the boots I may go with a different design on it. I also did some editing on the right leg.
- Creating Custom Colors using Oxides and Ultramarines – Color Palette 1 (lovinsoap.com)
- doing a turner 2 (hcjartwork.wordpress.com)
- patience is not a virtue – it is a vice i do not have (hcjartwork.wordpress.com)
- On the Curing Rack: Berry Harvest (greatcakessoapworks.com)
- Oil Painting of Trees from Workshop (debrha.wordpress.com)
- Where peaceful waters flow (ablogdog.wordpress.com)
- Painting: Crabapples (WIP#2) (mississhippi.wordpress.com)
- What Color is Fig Leaf? (jewellwillhite.wordpress.com)
New work coming soon!!!!!
Be the change you wish to see in the world…”
“A snowflake is one of the most fragile creations, but look what they can do when they stick together!”
“This is my wish for you: peace of mind, prosperity through the year, happiness that multiplies, health for you and yours, fun around every corner, energy to chase your dreams, joy to fill your holidays!”
- Hilary Duff: Painted Holiday Baby Belly! – Just Jared (justjared.buzznet.com)
- A Christmas wish from Net Branding (mediasocial.co.nz)
- Musings: Did You Know…? (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Playtime: Family friendly events for Dec. 24 and beyond (knoxnews.com)
- Edmonton Christmas to be white, but warm (cbc.ca)
This is a challenge at Daily Paintworks (DPW) I supplied the challenge then finally painted the shoes. Been very busy and so my painting is slowing down a bit but will get back to it when the holidays are over. These were my son’s Buster Brown loafers. Since he out grew shoes faster then you can imagine I started to wear them and loved them. He asked about the slot in the shoes and I told how they were called penny loafers, then I added the pennies to the slots. I think it embarrassed him when I wore them but hey what else are we here for.
I like Cinderella, I really do. She has a good work ethic. I appreciate a good, hard-working gal. And she likes shoes. The fairy tale is all about the shoe at the end, and I’m a big shoe girl.~ Amy Adams
- Loafers: your guide to this season’s dependable trend (savingtricks.com)
- Loafers Are Fall’s Perfect Transitional Shoe (fabsugar.com)
- The History of the Penny Loafer (desight.wordpress.com)
- Fall Shoe Alert: Loafers [10 Pair For Your Shopping List] (ldvfashionfix.com)
- The Best Socks to Wear With Booties, Loafers, and Open-Toe Shoes! (fabsugar.com)
- Trendspotting: The Penny Loafer Pump (fabsugar.com)
- The New Penny Loafer: Cole Haan’s Air Sloane Moc (shoeblog.com)
Today I am posting a work-in-progress (WIP). I am painting an abstract of an old car image provided by Darrin O. Swait. I decided to do WIP because I am painting images larger than the usual 9 x 12 or 6 x6. My process is to do an under painting in black, middle gray and white, then I gaze over it in color. There are a lot of rust spots on this car so I am using a sponge to paint the rust. There is still a lot of the area that is not done in the under painting. But that is my next update.
- Gilbert Marosi, Artist, Presents Reverie, a Magical World Concocted Out of Day Dreams, Trances and Hallucinations (prweb.com)
- From 3500 Feet – Painting In Progress (bethparkerart.wordpress.com)
- What is “paint as paint”? (paintaspaint.wordpress.com)
- Try a Poured-Paint Picture (education.com)
Not sure what I am calling this yet. I just like the look of it. Colors Purple, white, magenta, black, Ultramarine Blue, Cad Yellow Medium, Hooker’s Green, Cad Orange and Titanium White. The first quote is how I am feeling today. Like a bubble getting ready to burst.
Acrylic on Canvas
But all bubbles have a way of bursting or being deflated in the end. ~Barry Gibb
Derive happiness in oneself from a good day’s work, from illuminating the fog that surrounds us.
- Painting a Mural: Blocking in the Mural Design (marilynattheminimountain.wordpress.com)
- Greens (mhbd.blogspot.com)
- Pop Illusionist, Philippe Bertho, Begins His 4th U.S. Tour, Exclusively at Martin Lawrence Galleries (prweb.com)
- Using A Digital Light Projector To Restore Mark Rothko Paintings (cenblog.org)
- Create a Matisse Masterpiece (education.com)
- Recommendation for Little Matisse from a Parent (littlematisse.wordpress.com)
- London Art Fairs 2011: Bold and Textured (artcritiqued.com)
- MoMa exhibit in New York highlights modernist Matisse | British Airways – Travel Industry News (travelnews.britishairways.com)
Projects at school are keeping me busy. Most of them are 18 x 24 and taking a lot longer to paint than the 6 x 6. The Recent painting is called Medusa’s Curse.
The colors used in this one are Magenta, Hooker‘s Green,Burnt Umber, Titanium White and Mars Black. The Figure is done using modeling paste and sgraffito to carve in the basket and the other shapes the within paste.
|“The television, that insidious beast, that Medusa which freezes a billion people to stone every night, staring fixedly, that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little.” ~ Ray Bradbury|
18 x 24 x 1.5 – $1000